Monday, September 27, 2010

Fast forward 5 months later...

I can't believe where the time has gone.  Since starting school back up, transferring into a different position at work and actually working now, and DIYing practically everything I own, I think it is safe to say I am in need of an update.  Let's review...


  • I got hired on at Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare in February....and come the end of August I still didn't do much there to help my accumulation of hours I need to get licensed.  A position opened up at a local high school for a Therapist and I jumped on it...needless to say, I've been pretty busy since.
  • I began taking a Multicultural Issues and Career Counseling course through Liberty University in August,  in order to fulfill requirements for the Kentucky State Board of Licensed Professional Counselors.  This way I can work there soon...and by soon I mean November. (fingers crossed.)  Luckily the classes are both 8 week intensives so I will be done by the 15th of October! YAY!
  • I have also taken on some fun projects.  I redid the headboard on my bed, some storage in my room, made a new hanging lamp out of some baskets, reupholstered my first chair with a drop cloth (and still working on the couch), redid my coffee table, made a fun rose pillow out of a bridesmaid dress, and added a couple more fun little touches to my little corner of the world.  Whew....the sad part is I'm sure I've left a few things out, but it's been fun. Hopefully I will find some time to post some pictures soon!!


Needless to say that last 5 months have flown, and I am very much looking forward to what's next!

No comments:

Post a Comment