Friday, March 12, 2010

Timing is 3verything

For those of you who don't know let me catch u up to speed, I moved to Roanoke, VA to accept a GLORIOUS JOB in November! A paycheck, health insurance, therapy hours I need, and the works. However, anyone in the mental health field is aware of how AWFUL Medicaid Billing has become, and I too quickly found myself in a very unstable and frustrating/highly stressful position. About half our In Home staff and supervisor left in a period of just a couple of weeks, as did I too. Sick at the thought of looking for another job after this past year, I prayed the Lord would provide quickly, and He did!

I am working in Roanoke still, now as a part of the Therapeutic Day Treatment program at Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare. It has been about two weeks since my first day of training and I am very excited to once again have hope for a steady income and therapy hours accumulation! Next step getting Licensed!

A lot of things have been going through my head in this time. What am I doing wrong? What is God trying to teach me through this? What is the reason this is happening? Through all this I have come to one conclusion. It doesn't really matter if I never figure out why this past year/years have been so difficult. While I have had doubts my purpose has never changed. I think the best thing I can do now is continue looking toward the future and move forward. If I find out along the way great. If I don't I will be no worse off...It's character building.

I have been reading in Ecclesiastes this month and love the reminder in chapter 3 of God's timing in life...He's given a time for everything. Nothing about these past couple years has surprised Him.

I know that there is nothing better for them than to rejoice and to do good in one's lifetime; moreover that every man who eats and drinks sees good in all his labor, it is the gift of God.
Ec 3:12-13

No comments:

Post a Comment